Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Weekend The Raven Won...

This is Winston- my Mom's baby- he only has three legs and she still wants him. He is really cool though.

So this weekend, as well as probably next weekend will not be too exciting because I am getting ready for the drive back home. Friday I decided to go to Chicken/hike Mt. Fairplay. Taylor/Top of the World HW you never cease to surprise. The drive up was nice and sunny and beautiful so I decided to go all the way up to Chicken and get lunch before hiking... bad idea. Once I got to Chicken I heard thunder and saw the clouds and all my D.O.T. friends were pulling their rain gear out- great. Well let me just explain it like this... Top of the World Highway isn't the best place to be in a violent storm. I drove into the cloud of death and got downpour, hail, thunder as well as watched the lightening bounce between the mountain tops which are VERY close on this road... still i thought it was pretty cool. 2 storms like this!! Mt. Fairplay was a bust, again, maybe when Katie is here.
This was after driving through the cloud of death. See the cloud? yeahhhh...

Saturday/Sunday I went to Fairbanks where it rained some more and I spent too much money. Basically I camped up on Chena Hot Springs road again- you can tell I am getting old and boring because, not even on purpose, I pick the same campsite every time I go somewhere. Set up camp and it rained so sat in the tent a while. I left my flip flops and some other crud on the table in the rain, the shoes needed to be cleaned, overnight. Surprise surprise I wake up to pee at 4am and go to grab my shoes and there is only one... I run around the campsite looking for my damn shoe and it is NOWHERE... then I realize that my orange tennis ball is gone too... I can only imagine that the ravens took it. 
 Something is missing...
And my shoe and ball is somewhere out there...

Well it is thundering again. My tent still hasn't dried out from 2 weeks ago which means I haven't been able to waterproof it which is why all my other stuff is drying out too...

No comments:

Post a Comment