Sunday, July 3, 2011

Anchorage Weekend

Well it was suppose to be an Anchorage weekend. I forgot it was the 4th of July weekend which means all the militias of RV's and campers are out in full force. You see I have to work 4th of July, like just about every other year since I got a job other than working in the food industry and therefore I forget about the holiday. Needless to say I camped Thursday night and Friday night, but no where near Anchorage. I spent just Friday afternoon there and realized I was over it and left... camping by Glenallen that night and got caught in a wonderful downpour and realized why I was going to waterproof my tent before leaving for AK. Oops.

I washed my sleeping bag and the tent is currently drying.

I kind of just gave up after all that and came back home.

Some cool pictures from this weekend though:
 Used to be able to see the mountains but the constant rain is taking care of that...


1 comment:

  1. We are not fans of Anchorage. When we travel through Anchorage, we go through the city as quickly as possible. There are some good things in Anchorage though: Moose's Tooth Pizza (awesome "have it your way" pizza, with really great food) and cheaper gas.

    Since my husband is retired military, we stop at the base to get groceries and gas, but that's our only stop.

    Have you been to Valdez yet? If not, there's beautiful tent camping at Blueberry Lake (http://dnr.alaska.gov/parks/aspbro/charts/pwsvaldz.htm#blueberry)

    Safe travels and stay dry!

    ReplyDelete